Thursday, March 15, 2012

Taken- A Very Angry Man with Purpose

I recently saw the movie Taken with Liam Neeson in the lead role.It was my second or third time viewing the film.I have to say the film was kind of a sleeper and didn't get much publicity. However what appealed to me about the movie was the unrelenting drive of Liam's character. The single minded purpose of a father getting his daughter back. The story may be a bit on the simple side, but Neeson pulls it off. This is definitely one of those movies that leans towards a male audience. The fact that Neeson's character is a retired spy adds a dimension of plausibility to the story. Think Jason Bourne with kids and you have the lead in this movie.

Overall I enjoyed it ( hey I'm a guy, and nothing beats a good fight scene). The story was well done even though the first act is a little slow, its the perfect pace for the action that follows. I liked that there are few tangents. It gave you a sense of urgency and kept the pace taut, it worked well in the movie, I don't think it could work as well in a book. I find that kind of pace is what I would use in a chapter and then abruptly switch to another character in a the story. It keeps you guessing and wanting to read more. I suggest looking at it if only to see what a driven character is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment