Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This is a guest post-deal with it

I'm a hunter. Its what I do. When you go to bed at night, comfortable in your homes behind your walls and self imposed deceptions I'm on the streets. My name is, hell does it even matter? Fine. My name is Sepia Blue and no its not my given name, I don't even know what that is. Enough with the name.

Why am I here hijacking this blog? I'm tired of being in his head.  I decided it was time you heard my voice. For some time now I have been suggesting to him to get my story down. I whisper to him when he is sleeping or when he is doing some of his other writing.  Writing. Not. About. Me.  I don't do coy well. I am at the point where I want to shove my blade between his ribs, gently of course. Just to get his attention.

So you want to know what I hunt? I hunt nightmares. I hunt things that would make you soil yourself, crawl into the fetal position and wish you had never been born. I face them with Cade my partner-when he isn't being a pain in my ass.  Most of the time I face them alone. There is an order, a balance in my city-New York. Hunters maintain that balance. When that balance is threatened, say some nasty creature wants to make entrees out of you, my bosses call me. I cancel the menu.

I'm not like you-what would absolutely kill you, would probably kill me. Its a big difference, trust me. No I'm not immortal-what is this a comic book? However I do have the skill and the weapons that level the playing field. My sword, Perdition is what I like to call a blade of evil. Cue in the cackling. Every time I use it, I lose a part of myself - its a raw deal, I cope by not drawing it unless I have to. I'm also covered in ink, every Hunter is. It gives us strength and protects us. Don't ask me how- some ancient rite, special ink, some other things I didn't get. Bottom line is that I look like a yakuza's wet dream, covered neck to ankle in designs. Hey they keep me alive while I do my job so its a fair trade-off.

So why am I here? Two reasons. First I'm putting him on notice. Write my story before I visit you in the most unpleasant way possible. I know how to be an unpleasant bitch, trust me. Second, he is going to need help. This is where you come in. Make sure you help him get this story done in a timely manner. I would hate to have to visit you as well. Actually you would hate it, I wouldn't mind at all.
The name of the book is Sepia Blue-Origins. Make it happen.

Kisses,
Sepia

No comments:

Post a Comment