Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Beta Readers

I'm one step closer to getting Blur published. Currently its in the hands of five beta readers and yes its like the first time you hire a babysitter to watch your child, the most precious thing to you in your entire world-very close to that feeling. I have never done this before ( this is my second novel being published), but I felt that with this novel it was warranted and I think it can improve the overall quality of the book. Do I like it ? Hell no. Its like I'm in a weird place-a sort of writers limbo where my book is being subjected to the scrutiny of others, my characters tortured, unmasked and deconstructed. Yes I know this is not rational thinking. I'm a writer, I specialize in non rational thinking. Not only that, I actually asked for this.

So what do I do in the meantime? I write. I edit my next project-a book on fatherhood that I will release around the same time Blur comes out. I write the second book to my Spiritual Warriors series- The Ascendant Warrior. Basically I keep writing because, I cant stop and because to not write is to invite simultaneous brain implosion and explosion. Writers really do hear voices in their heads. Letting these voices loose with a system of checks and balances, well no matter how I envision that scenario its not a pretty sight. I say that last bit with the utmost seriousness and hilarity. See what I mean?

And so I keep writing, Ill let you know how it goes.

writers write

Orlando

No comments:

Post a Comment